- Entry strictly by appointment only.
- Please attend alone for your appointment unless under 16 or require support.
- Door entry buzzer system. Please press the button to speak to Katy – or to wait to be let in.
- Call us if you just want to repair, replace or renew glasses. A sight test may not be necessary.
- Book an appointment if you are having sight or eye problem.
- Please arrive at the exact time of your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering at all times in the practice.
- Temperature will be checked on arrival
- Sanitise hands on arrival.
- Please observe 2 metre social distancing within the practice at all times.
** TOILETS WILL BE CLOSED **
The New Normal
We are open again … But not for routine sight tests just yet.
We are operating on an appointment only – door entry basis, prioritising those at risk of permanent sight loss.
If you have an emergency or essential visual need, such as sudden loss of vision/visual disturbance or a red and/or painful eye, please phone immediately so that we can prioritise your appointment. This may involve a video consultation initially, as we endevour to keep everyone as safe as possible. We will only bring you into the practice if it appears necessary.
However, if you are having milder visual difficulties, such as blurring or eye strain, that interfere with your daily life, then you can now also book an appointment. Please email or phone the practice for telephone or video triage, dependent upon the nature of your visual issues.
Please be aware that – in order to minimise the length of time in close proximity – we will not be conducting the full battery of tests. We will use the pre-appointment phone/video conversation to determine which tests will be necessary in order to minimise any delays in the testing rooms. We will also be switching rooms frequencly in order to keep everyone safer.
And just to warn you – and so that your children will not be surprised – we will also be dressed up like Darth Vader in our PPE gear!
Please follow the link below for more of what to expect in the “New Normal” and how we are working to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Book an Appointment
Lost, broken and new glasses
If you have lost or broken glasses or just fancy a new frame – but are not having any visual issues – then we would recommend using your currrent prescription, rather than risking a sight test that requires close proximity to the optometrist. Broken glasses can be popped through the letter box with a note and we will contact you to arrange an appointment for collection or delivery. Please make sure that you give your full name and date of birth and – unless obvious – a description of the problem. Remember to mention if lost or broken glasses were actually too small or problematic in any other way.